Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Hate" is such a strong word

I am starting to come to terms with Massachusetts, and all its leaves and rainy days. The rain hasn't been to bad yet. I am dealing with it in a healthy manner. BUT!! the leaves are another matter entirely. We (smart people that we are) bought a lovely home with a huge yard and 6 large maple trees. Since our previous home had absolutely nothing green we were excited to have such a "nice" yard.
Last week we bought a leaf blower... we should have bought a chain saw.
After 2 weeks of picking up leaves we have a grand total of 25 bags. 25!!! And there is still more in the trees.



Carson and neighbor standing by the bags

6 comments:

whitney williams said...

that first pic is seriously priceless!!! What a great action shot! You should frame it!

The Wynn Family said...

Well maybe rocks aren't so bad... nah I think I wouldn't mind at least a day of raking leaves!

Sarah Sidwell said...

Love the picture of carson jumping in. Must be fun at first...like snow, but something that gets old quick. Count raking leaves as your workout for the day.

Jessica said...

Awesome pic! I think I'd rather have leaves, but I'll keep your story in mind if we end up somewhere with many! :)

Meghan said...

We have been raking leaves for weeks too! Love the picture of Carson jumping into the pile of leaves-great shot.

Evensen Family said...

Wow that is incredible. I can't believe you have 25 bags. I'll have to keep that in mind when we are looking for places to live. But I do have fond memories as a child of jumping into leaf piles.