There are times when we parents do... or say things that are bound to have LASTING negative effects on our children. (no. I did not buy him "bum-hole" pants)
Today Carson was watching himself in the mirror when he asked me about the words on his shirt. He was seeing the letters in the mirror and noticed that they were mirror image, and thus not familiar to him.
Carson: Mom, what are these letters? are they backwards?
Me: Well ... no. Those are the letters on your shirt reflecting off the mirror. They look different because they are a mirror image.
Carson: what is mirror-image?
Me (thinking of a way to explain that does not involve refracting light and other non-3year old words) : Well... its um... inside out.
Carson: Oh. So mirror-image is like inside out. ok
Carson: Mom, what are these letters? are they backwards?
Me: Well ... no. Those are the letters on your shirt reflecting off the mirror. They look different because they are a mirror image.
Carson: what is mirror-image?
Me (thinking of a way to explain that does not involve refracting light and other non-3year old words) : Well... its um... inside out.
Carson: Oh. So mirror-image is like inside out. ok
I am so sorry Carson. I know that one is going to come back to bite me one day.
2 comments:
"Bum-hole" pants...tee hee!
Anywho...I made my blog private and didn't have your email address to invite you! Email me at bluefichesgal@hotmail.com!
Love ya!
You are SO, SO FUNNY! I love reading your blog. That is a hilarious picture! I'm so glad to know you did not buy those pants for Carson!
Post a Comment