I have made a decision. It was not a difficult one to make as far as decisions go. I seem to struggle at making decisions... I think it is a commitment problem. The point is I have made an executive decision (meaning Curtis doesn't know yet).
After living in Las Vegas for several years I figured we would have to do some adjusting to the weather in New England. I certainly experienced cold weather while living in Utah. BUT!!! This cold is totally different. It is a new kind of cold. This is VERY COLD.
So one day (as soon as Curtis finishes residency) we will be moving... south. I don't care where...just south of here. Somewhere warmer... with fewer leaves... and turning lanes, I miss turning lanes.
Now that the VERY COLD weather has begun (because it is only November) and I have had a taste of winter in the northeast I will think different thoughts when I see the geese flying south.
Instead of "Oh, they are leaving" it will be "Wait! take me with you... don't leave me here!!
There is an old saying about rats and sinking ships... I think that should also apply to birds flying south for the winter :)
After living in Las Vegas for several years I figured we would have to do some adjusting to the weather in New England. I certainly experienced cold weather while living in Utah. BUT!!! This cold is totally different. It is a new kind of cold. This is VERY COLD.
So one day (as soon as Curtis finishes residency) we will be moving... south. I don't care where...just south of here. Somewhere warmer... with fewer leaves... and turning lanes, I miss turning lanes.
Now that the VERY COLD weather has begun (because it is only November) and I have had a taste of winter in the northeast I will think different thoughts when I see the geese flying south.
Instead of "Oh, they are leaving" it will be "Wait! take me with you... don't leave me here!!
There is an old saying about rats and sinking ships... I think that should also apply to birds flying south for the winter :)

5 comments:
The cold I experienced in New York was enough for me, I couldn't imagine going more north. Take care and bundle up then move back west when you are done!
Wow I bet it has been a shock. I am not thrilled with the idea of cold weather again. Las Vegas has been really easy to get use to. I hope your body acclimates soon.
I feel your pain! WE are freezing too!
I'm glad you're back into your old writing humor :)
Well, you know it was your choice to leave us here in the nice sunny 75 degree weather, but we will be very forgiving and allow you to come back. The sooner the better :)
Post a Comment