When I first went inside of this library I almost laughed out loud. It is soooo small. The whole library is a tiny little house with one room upstairs and one room downstairs. I even felt a little guilty when we left with a bag of books, I was sure that we had taken half the books home with us.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Life in the Bay State
We are doing our best to get out and see the world. Well... maybe just Springfield. Carson and I signed up for a summer reading program at the local (Granby) library. Part of the program had a "Zoo day". We meet at the library, and the Zoo came to us. I have to say that it was pretty cool. I have never touched an armadillo before.
When I first went inside of this library I almost laughed out loud. It is soooo small. The whole library is a tiny little house with one room upstairs and one room downstairs. I even felt a little guilty when we left with a bag of books, I was sure that we had taken half the books home with us.
This is Carson touching a snake. I was very proud of him for being willing to touch all the animals. Some of the kids refused to even look at the snake.
This is Forest Park. The park is huge! It has a Zoo, a swimming pool, rose gardens, tons of trails, a lake, squirrels the size of large cats, oh.. and a train. My only complaint is that it is expensive. This little day at the park cost me 20$. And of course... Carson loved it.
Here is my little "Super Carson". Ready for his train ride around the park. I think next time we will wait until Grandma is visiting, so she can experience the thrill of ridding the train. I think it would have been great fun if the max speed was above 2 miles/hour... :) Besides that, I think Carson watched the wheels in front of us through the whole ride.
When I first went inside of this library I almost laughed out loud. It is soooo small. The whole library is a tiny little house with one room upstairs and one room downstairs. I even felt a little guilty when we left with a bag of books, I was sure that we had taken half the books home with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And you said there wasn't anything to do there! Whatever!!!! It looks like fun. Did Carson like the snake? Trey keeps say mom I want to ride on that train. And to top it all off you can wash your car with out a car wash, and BLACK MUD! What more could you want beside us there to enjoy it with you!
I would be one of those children who would NOT even look at the snake! I would be terrified!! Did you know that there are no snakes in Hawaii (not even as pets!)
I love Carson's face on the train - he is so cute (I mean handsome) sorry Carson :)
Post a Comment