Saturday, June 11, 2011

May the month of vacations

We went on two vacations during May.  I was gone from work so much that on one paycheck I had only worked two whole days.  It was a sad little paycheck, but totally worth it.
Our first vacation was a trip home to Utah.  It had been a long time since we were able to make it home and see some of the family.  The last couple of times we tried there was always a snow storm or something to prevent us from going.  
We had a great time, and kept very busy seeing all the people and restaurant that we missed.  Plus, Carson had cousins to play with every single day.

 We had a late Easter celebration, complete with egg dying and candy egg hunts.

 The Andrews family just before church.

 For some reason, Carson is a "one friend at a time" type of kid.  This vacation he latched onto his older cousin Isabel anytime the Langhaims were around.  However,  he still recognizes Taylor as his pen-pal cousin.
 The boys, hiding from...everyone else.

 Because taekwondo is best in church clothes on grandpa's lawn.

 Our second vacation was not so far away.  My parents and siblings meet up with us on Cape Cod for all family filled fun we could stand.



 Our first day was a little chilly, but not enough to keep us from the beach.  We spent most of our time that day chasing 4 little boys down the beach.
 
The second day we drove back to Boston for a day at the Children's Museum.  It was very cool!
 They did warn us to bring a change of clothes... and its a good thing too!
At the beach Grans and Papa style.

 Two of my brothers and Curtis played catch for awhile.

 Crazy kids! They had to prove that they could get into the water, even though it was ice cold.
The light house. We went on a light house hunt.  By the end of the day we had seen five, but there were tons more that we didn't get to.



Its tradition in my family to take pictures looking into the sun.  No... the scrunchy face does not make us look better!!

 Plimoth Plantation... the entrance.
 ... the village
 ...the boat, aka the mayflower II
...and the rock. (while I was taking this picture someone drove by and yelled "Its just a rock")
he he he. yes. I can see that now. thanks.

  Thanks for the fun time guys!  We were so happy to have you come and visit.  I'm very sorry about the one bathroom thing :) glad you lived to tell the tail.
By the end... we were all exhausted. Just like we planned.
 I don't really get the "Cape" thing.  Everyone loves going to the Cape.  It has tons of history, great hiking and biking trails, sea food, great beaches, tons of fun things to do.  But... I still think I'm a tropical Island kind of vacation person.  Mostly one of the "all inclusive resort" type of person.  Where the only thing I do all day is reapply sunscreen to myself and the family.
Next time.



1 comment:

itcc said...

Fun pictures, glad you posted them..:)