Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm an East Long Meadow Rotary Survivor

The first time we drove through this rotary I was so totally confused!!! We are continually complaining about the crazy design and general bad condition of the roads here in Massachusetts, but I have NEVER seen anything like this. After the EL Rotary... the lack of turning lanes is barley noticeable, the narrow roads seem normal, the one way-dead end streets are no longer cause me to silently curse this state. Sidewalks? "ice-shifts"? "car-size pot holes that appear over night"?
The EL rotary is one of the most dangerous intersections in the world according to Ripleys Believe It or Not.. Seven streets, no lights, pray before entering. If you have witnessed the awesome power of the East Longmeadow Rotary, then you deserve recognition!
And to think... I drive through this intersection about 2 times a day.... sometimes 4.
Tip to newcomers - PLEASE don't just stop in the middle of the rotary. Try going slow. We all expect that you might need time to figure it out. But please.... don't just stop.


3 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

um wow. I think you do deserve a medal or something. Hey I just found out that the Wainsguards will here in Spokane joining Brad in Fam Med. So just one more reason that you need to come and visit :) Oh yeah and there is no rotary here.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I can't even fathom that.... People are ding-batty enough in a roundabout! I agree with Danielle-you deserve a medal!

Oh, and Danielle! Bonnie was Megan's teach teacher for Sunday School! Small world!

Pack N Pounce said...

Haha! I have been through there a few times, most recently a week ago. I know what you mean about people stopping in the middle! What a pain!