Saturday, January 16, 2010

Adoption

This was a very hard decision.
Curtis and I have been discussing the possibilities of adoption for quite a long time. We seem to have a lot of... disagreements on this one subject. So we delayed and delayed for what seems like years. Carson was the one to make the final decision. He started begging... and as usual... I said "yes".
So, two days after returning from our Christmas vacation I signed the official papers and we brought home a baby. Quite shocking... I know.
At first things went well. The baby seems to like Curtis the most, I dont know why. He is a nice guy and all, but I am the one that takes care of her.
The first night at home she cried all night long, and would not stop unless she was in bed next to Curtis. I also had to get up in the night and take her to the potty, because she seems to be afraid of the dark.
We have purchased some new toys for her to play with... but so far her favorite one is an old ping-pong ball..? Carson has tried to teach her to build with legos, but she is more interested in whacking them around the room.
Lately she has had a fascination with lights, which I think is normal for babies. However, this baby tries to attack them... or even lick them.
Everyday she seems to get more and more entertaining. So far we have enjoyed our adoptive experience. I even bought her a pink collar.
Have I confused you yet?
Ok.
Meet "Hero"





PS. - For those of you who were wondering. The shelter where we found her really made me sign several official documents about the "adoption" and our "home environment" and "the baby". Since we truly have thought about "adoption" the whole experience was a little ...um... funny.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a cutie!! I wish we could get a cat, but Takeshi and Jeff are allergic. Plus our dog peed on the carpet tonight, which makes me wonder why I really want a cat (or another dog) in the first place!

Tringali Family said...

You so got me!

The Wynn Family said...

Got me too. Maybe this cat will like Brad a bit better than your last one!

Carlie K said...

Unfortunately I knew where you were going, having heard about Hero. Isn't that a boy's name? I personally think you should try more adoption, then I can really laugh at and with you!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Got me too!!! How fun for you guys! Hopefully Hero will become more adept with Legos so you can get a little break!! :)