Friday, June 12, 2009

Manners : An ode to my mother

An Ode to my Mother

My Mother, she taught me manners.
Manners and good and helpful,
but only if other Mothers teach them too.

Sometimes I think it would be better
if I just acted like other people do

I wouldn't be offended when someone is impolite.
I wouldn't be discussed when someone talks while chewing.
I wouldn't be embarrassed when my son farts in church.
I wouldn't think it strange when someone is late for a meeting...
and then ushers all 12 kids to a bench in the very front.
I wouldn't get angry when someone buts in line.
I wouldn't feel like fighting back when a teenager runs over my 4 year old son in the middle of 6flags and doesn't stop to apologize or say excuse me.
I wouldn't be annoyed when someone talks out of turn.
I wouldn't be disgruntled when someone forgets to say 'please'.
I wouldn't hate teenagers.... as much.
I wouldn't have to worry about Carson saying 'thank you'.
I wouldn't be appalled when the maintenance guy from the electric company asks to use my bathroom... and then does NOT FLUSH!!!!

My Mother taught me manners
Thank you Mom.
I just wish the other Mothers would teach manners too!!!

2 comments:

itcc said...

Amen! to all your comments, especially the maintenance man who didn't flush.....

Carlie K said...

I agree, my mom did well too. However, we need to learn tolerance or we will all be unhappy and unforgiving and then we are worse off then them!