Saturday, December 13, 2008

The rain came down...and the flood came up

I had a hard time deciding if I would name this post "The rain came down and the flood came up" or "Home Owner@#$%!". Since I never, never swear (until today)...I decided on the former.
SOoooo. It has been raining a lot here in Massachusetts. That is really not anything new, it always rains here. But, I guess it doesn't usually rain in the winter.
Long story short- I came home on Friday afternoon to find this in my basement.

WATER....


2-3 inches of water... Throughout the entire basement

ICE COLD WATER!!!!!
Can you guess what I said???
Can you guess what Curtis said when I called him at work to tell him we were now proud owners of an indoor pool???
No?


Oh @#^&%$#@@~!!!!

4 comments:

Evensen Family said...

Wow I am so sorry. Luckily it looks like your basement is cement floors so I hope it didn't ruin too many things.

Lisa said...

How horrible!! I hope you can salvage most of your things!!

Tringali Family said...

I guess I should be glad then that I didn't end up with a house with a basement then. So sorry, I wish I was there to help you soak up the water and your tears while we are at it.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Ohhhhhhhhh! I probably would have said the same thing! I hope you got everything cleaned up okay!