Sunday, August 17, 2008

Six Flags

What a week! Curtis has had the whole week off, and I did my best to keep him busy. On Wednesday we went to Six Flags with some friends. The Hollands are wonderful friends... with their boat, and tools, and season passes to amusement parks, I really don't need anyone else. :) just kidding. We had a ton of fun, and I only threw-up 3 times... joy!
The entrance. Ta Da!
You know we went to "Wiggle World", if only to drive Curtis CRAZY. This is Carson and I ridding in the 'Big Red Car'. I dare ya to try to say "Big Red Car" and not get that song stuck in your head. It is only possible if you haven't heard the song... and if this is the case... God Bless You!! there should be more people like you in the world.
And Acadia! I thought about you the whole time we were in Wiggle World. I knew that you would have just loved it!!! miss you tons

Curtis was a Saint to ride the spinning rides with Carson. I think he got a little tired of the kid rides, but he didn't complain to much.
As you are about to witness... not all of the rides are made for parents who tower above 6 feet. This is Curtis attempting to ride the helicopters. Who need a seat belt?



Wow. He made it. what a good Dad.
This is Carson and his new friend Gavin.
And our dear Zoe. Carson says that Zoe is his best friend.

And a picture of me... wanting to die!!
To end the wonderful day, I had a seriously bad lapse in judgment. We decided to tryout the big rides, and headed towards a semi-calm roller coaster (there were no loops involved)... Superman. BUT my dear husband was nearly 3 inches to tall. We were both very shocked to hear there was actually a height limit. So we stupidly headed to the next closest roller coaster ... the "Mind Eraser". I should have known from the name. Ha Ha Ha. The whole ride lasted like 20 seconds and went so fast I only had time to scream twice... meaning I only took two breaths and screamed the whole time. That ride nearly killed me, and I was so thankful when I finally threw-up.
Moral of the story:
- never go on rides where they have to encase your body with metal and regular old seat belts just wont hold you in.
-never go on rides that require you to rent a locker for all personal items that are not physically attached to your body
-NEVER assume that because some people leave the ride smiling... that it is going to be "fun"
-never think "This time is going to be different...I can do it"
- Never, Never, Never will I go on another roller coaster ride again... in this life... or the next ;)

4 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

So you are not really a roller coaster girl huh? Well maybe next time ;) oh wait that would break one of your roller coaster rules.
Brad and I had a good laugh about Curtis and the helicopter. Brad feels for you Curtis! Just so you know Acadia asked as soon as we finished reading your post if she could go to wiggle world. Lucky for us it is across the country. We still miss you guys!

Tringali Family said...

That pic of curtis in the helicopter is SOOOOOO funny! I love it! I am jealous of all the roller coaster riding you did, I love them. Believe it or not, Steve gets sweaty palms before (some) roller coaster rides, I get so excited! I am glad you have found new friends, I guess we weren't too hard to replace huh? Just need a boat, tools and season passes to amusement parks? Maybe we can be friends again in.......10 years! hahaha

Lisa said...

Hannah wanted to know who was siting with Carson. When I said "That's Zoe", Hannah said "Oh, I like Zoe" "Zoe's my friend". I guess if Carson likes her then she's all right :)

Sammy T said...

I have taken the "Never again will I ride a roller coaster oath" myself. I am glad you felt better after you threw-up. I made the oath after Bush Gardens in VA. I couldn't quit throwing-up. Wayne and Sam though I was going to die. I just wanted to die.
I knew there were weight restrictions but not height restrictions. Don't go on rides that have deadly names.