Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mount SugarLoaf

Why do they call it Mount Sugarloaf? I have no idea. It is a large "hill" by all other standards. In my previous experience with mountains the drive up is usually long and steep with twisty windy roads. The drive up Mount Sugarloaf takes a whole 3 minutes, during which the elevation rises 400 feet. So yes... it was a very tall um... mount. :)


This is Grandma and Carson demonstrating their ability to stand on one foot while balancing on a rock. Such talent.

While standing on this rock Carson announced that he was now very very tall. I think he expected to be taller than everyone else . Imagine his frustration upon realizing that he was still not as tall as Dad... especially when Dad is standing on the same rock. :)

It turns out that they are currently filming a "Mel Gibson" movie on Mount Sugarloaf. They have turned the visitors center into a movie set. So here is Carson, posing in front of the "new" building. I say "new" because all of the additions are Styrofoam or plywood. Just behind Carson is a cement wall made of plywood painted to look like cement.

The drive up the hill... I mean Mount.

And. A fun picture of Carson "mid-flight".

1 comment:

The Wynn Family said...

Fun that Kathy could come and visit. Mt Sugarloaf might not be a true mountain but at least it has trees right. :0)