Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hold still!

I seem to remember my mother continually telling me to 'hold still'. At the time I couldn't figure out her obsession with moving...or the lack of moving. It was hard to 'hold still', especially if you were unaware that you were moving around in the first place.
So now, I find myself easily bothered by my son's continual motion. Not all the time. Just when I am trying to 'hold still'.
So the other day I observed a funny conversation between Carson and his Dad while watching a movie. Carson was practically doing the potty dance!
Dad-"hold still"
Carson- wiggling around
Dad-"hold still please!"
Carson- holds still for one millisecond
Dad-" Carson, what is the problem? Will you please hold still?"
Carson- with a big sigh " Dad, I'm just not the 'hold still' kind of guy".
Me- laughing, because I know it is the truth.

2 comments:

itcc said...

Love it! And - love Carson....

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Ha ha!!! Lucas is that same type of guy, Carson!!