Monday, November 1, 2010

October update

Another month has gone by, and I find myself very behind in the blogging updates.   October has been a month of hikes for our family.  Every year we try to get out and see the New England autumn.  It truly is very beautiful, and I am very glad we have had the opportunity to see it ourselves.
 
 This is before the actual hike :)
 Carson has taken to collecting sticks while we hike.  I think he is on the perpetual hunt for a perfect walking stick.  He has to pick up any stick he finds and try it out.  It seemed that every stick Dad picked up was the BEST, and Carson just had to have it.  About the time I was going to demand a "no stick rule" Curtis gave me a huge grin then proceeded to pick up a huge branch that was nothing short of a log, just to see what Carson would do.  Of course Carson demanded a "trade" and then tried to drag dad's log down the trail.  
Curtis and I had a good laugh at this.
Then we started the "no stick" rule :)
 Ahhh. The art of building character.
It all begins in childhood.  When your 5 year old demands a gigantic leaf pile to jump in... hand him a rake.
  And this picture. Because I like it :)

3 comments:

Tringali Family said...

What a fun outing! We need to go hiking before it snows in the mountains. Carson is looking so old!

Carlie K said...

Love your closing comment. Love character building!

Carlie K said...

Tell Curtis his jacket looks like dads!