Friday, September 3, 2010

Grandma Week

We finally had a visitor! It seems like forever ago that we had anyone come to visit us. Our week with Grandma Kathy was tons of fun.
When we were at the airport picking up Grandma, I told Carson to watch out the window and tell me when he saw her. After a few minutes of looking around I heard a gasp from the back seat as Carson says "Oh crap! I forgot what grandma looks like!"
However, when she came around the corner he was very quick to recognize who it was.
Carson was very happy to have all of Grandma's attention. Grandma got Carson a nerf gun, and those two spent the whole week "hunting" each other.
We spent a whole day at the Connecticut Science Center. I am so glad that Carson has a decent attention span. He was very interested in almost all the exhibits. He loved to play with the exhibits as well as learning how they work. He loves going to the museum, we could spend hours experimenting with their toys.

We also took a short trip to Rhode Island on Saturday. The funny thing is that Curtis had a conference in Newport a week before this and he decided it was totally cool. So we went back.
We started our tour with the Ocean walkway and a short tour of "The Mansions". I have seen some big houses.... these were bigger.
The pictures here are of The Breaker. We joked that it was called that because of the expense of building and maintaining a home this size.
The funny part... this was a summer home :)

The backyard view of the ocean.

The back of the house. Big right.
Can you see my boys?
They are on the steps.
No?

Lets use the digital zoom option.
Oh! There you are!
Seriously. I had to walk a mile away to take this picture!


Another sail boat. This one was huge. Sadly there was no wind that day so they had to use a motor most of the way. It was still fun.

I was unaware that Rhode Island had such cool beaches.
We were caught unprepared for this beautiful beach. We didn't bring our swimming suits.... but Carson didn't care, he just used his clothes. It had the best sand, huge waves to pay in, not to mention the showers and lifeguards every 30 feet.

Here is Carson, using the random toys we had in the trunk to dig in the sand.

2 comments:

itcc said...

Love your pics, I loved every day of my visit. No tent pictures?

Carlie K said...

Stop making me feel guilty. I would be there in a second if I could. Am still trying. Life happens, ya know? Fun pics and I really miss you guys. OHSU rocks!